Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bad Mommy...


As a first time puppy raiser I did not think I had made any big mistakes until today...
Helper was in my study while I was working at my desk.  She got a hold of a binder clip and when I realized what she had in her mouth I told her to "drop" it.  Instead of dropping the clip she ran around the corner. When I got to her to check her mouth for the clip it was gone.  I automatically grabbed the hydrogen peroxide and squirted it in Helpers mouth to make her vomit.  Oh boy does that work to get things up!  Much to my surprise...no binder clip in the vomit.  So now I was convinced that I needed to take her to the Lazy Paw Animal Hospital ASAP.  As I was rushing around to get my purse, keys etc. and get her out the door I found the binder clip!  Poor Helper...all that bad tasting hydrogen peroxide for nothing.  Here she is after all the excitement.  I felt terrible!!!!  Needless to say she got extra treats after things settled down.

1 comment: